Wednesday, July 25, 2012

So much has occurred!!! Here's a *SASSy update to bring you up to speed!

Oh my goodness! I need to do a quick Caboom-Sass.com recap, because so much has happened in the last few weeks; it has been pure bliss mixed with chaos! Chaotic bliss, if you will.

Let's take it back about three weeks. I turned 23 on July 6, and I spent the whole day representing Inked Magazine at Warped Tour with my best friend, Staci, and then writing a feature story about it for the incredible 'zine. It was AMAZING. Hands down, best birthday. Prior to that, I made myself a double-sided birthday collage, knowing that a lot was about to unfold in my newly 23 years of life...


The next morning, July 7, my friend (and fellow GVSU alumni) Katie packed up her Ford Focus, and hit the road. Destination? California. Six days later, we arrived at our new residence in Los Angeles. Needless to say, this birthday month has been an absolute WHIRLWIND of adventures. I'm now nannying in Beverly Hills [just like that new show on ABC Family, except I'm not on it] while hustling like hell in search of a writing career here. For years, I have dreamt of residing on the west coast, specifically here in Los Angeles, California. It is an absolute dream come true, and sincerely THEE BEST birthday present I could ever give myself, that I am finally here! The final step to establishing myself will be when I score the job of my dreams, but I know that will take a bit longer. We actually arrived and moved in on the 12th [my lucky number hey!!!], so we've only been here for... not even two weeks. I know it's all about patience, networking, and timing, so I am working on all three!

Meanwhile, I have to get a move on with my Caboom-Sass orders. Random Thoughts 'N Lotsa Coffee put in an order while I was mid-road trip, and I had to wait for my mom to ship my C-Sass supplies in order to start working on it. It's started, but not quite finished, so I will do that tomorrow. I also started a new blog to document my new life on the best coast, which you can find here, as well as updated my writing portfolio site, stating that I am "Based in Los Angeles." It feels absolutely glorious. :)

I feel bad that it's been a few weeks since I've had time to sit and update Caboom-Sass.com, but please know that this [big] move will do wonders for it, too. I actually invested in a book the other day at Barnes & Noble, to help move the process along. No matter what, Caboom-Sass is always on my mind, with ideas of how to substantially bring it life. Thank you, so much, for believing in this and supporting it! I will not let you down; it has only just begun!



I'm still accepting collage orders in any way/shape/form you'd like them to be, and I will stay true to my word that the first 100 are free. Just over half remain, so make your order while you can! :)

For The Love Of Words,

X0.Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment