Thursday, October 11, 2012

10/11/11... back when it began

On 10/11/11, I took a giant step forward into the world of... vulnerability, I suppose you could say, and created Caboom-Sass.com after years of wanting to, but hesitating. I was filled with fear of what people would think of this idea... and moreover, what people would think of me. I cared so much about that, that it produced this fear of putting my idea out there, but after my summer of living in New York City, I decided that it didn't matter. The people who chose to dislike this idea-- they aren't the ones I'm creating this for anyway. It's for the believers, the go-getters, the "I-want-to-succeed-but-I-need-that-nudge"-ers. It's for the people who have a lack of support and encouragement; to provide them with a pocketful of it. With this project, I feel confident in saying that's exactly what's been manifested here. That's exactly what I've been doing, and I couldn't be more ecstatic to realize how much the power of words has helped others through these small, heartfelt collages.

It all started with this breakthrough blog post, the very first one. Now looking back, we've provided personalized, motivational "Pocketful of Positivity" collages to recipients in cities all over the world, including:
New York, Chicago, Queens, Sarnia, San Francisco, Gibraltar, Rockwood, East Lansing, Detroit, Trenton, Miami, Carleton, Mount Pleasant, Lansing, Nashville, Newport, Ann Arbor, Las Vegas, Dowagiac, Grand Rapids, Rowlett, Glen Burnie, Poyen, Los Angeles, Monroe, Minneapolis, Twentynine Palms, St. Clair Shores, Falmouth, and Malibu.

This doesn't include the random "Scatter Sesh" collages, which are left anonymously in areas like stores and rest-stop bathrooms during various trips I've taken in the past year.

It's all for the love of words and compassion, communication, & connection; that's what it truly comes down to. With that, I'd like to extend a wholehearted, Happy FIRST BIRTHDAY to my project/service, Caboom-Sass.com. Here's to many more and to expanding so much further from here on out! This is only the beginning, with so many ideas to craft in the coming years.

For The Love Of Words*

X0.Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment